Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

discussions about Twister Anti-TrojanVirus
Fuzzfas

Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

Post by Fuzzfas » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Twister updated to 7.3.2. A new installer is also available in Twister's site. I don't see any visible changes. If Ftfans has any info for under the hood improvements, please share.

jensen
when: 2000

Re: Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

Post by jensen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:01 am

Real Time Scanner is still not working on Windows 7 beta.
Attachments
sshot-34.jpg
sshot-34.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 18333 times

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:47 am

jensen wrote:Real Time Scanner is still not working on Windows 7 beta.
Exactly. The previous version wasn't working either. It's supposed to work in these:

http://www.filseclab.com/eng/download/downloads.htm

My guess, is, don't expect it to work until Windows 7 is final or in the best case, until the next Twister version comes out at summer.

3DFireStarteR

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:09 pm

My guess is a modification to FDDS, since it seems to feel different, maybe thats just me but its a guess ^^

Zetelo

Post by Zetelo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Help!
After the installation of the program update my computer was freezed to death (PC Made terrible noises) and the only way to reboot propely is to terminate the process right after the Windows Welcome Screen. I somehow have the feeling that Twister has some conflicts with German OS' because the old version had problems with Task Manager being able to terminate the process even though I unticked the 'Terminate Via TM'' option.

I think I will leave my hands from this program until a new version comes out, that is compatible with german XP Media Center Edition. I won't risk installing this program for a second time...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I will be a fellow Twistee for all eternity! But for the health of PC, I will not touch it! Please Filseclabs, do more bugfixes before you release the program! Especially bugfixes for German OS :/

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 pm

Zetelo wrote:Help!
After the installation of the program update my computer was freezed to death (PC Made terrible noises) and the only way to reboot propely is to terminate the process right after the Windows Welcome Screen. I somehow have the feeling that Twister has some conflicts with German OS' because the old version had problems with Task Manager being able to terminate the process even though I unticked the 'Terminate Via TM'' option.

I think I will leave my hands from this program until a new version comes out, that is compatible with german XP Media Center Edition. I won't risk installing this program for a second time...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I will be a fellow Twistee for all eternity! But for the health of PC, I will not touch it! Please Filseclabs, do more bugfixes before you release the program! Especially bugfixes for German OS :/
Oh my! Sorry to hear that! Some other people also didn't have a smooth update experience. Did you try uninstalling the previous version and installing the new one from scratch? I think mine was able to being terminated from TM too, so if any, this must be problem with the program itself. With this version, i can also kill it. So maybe it only works ok in the chinese version! :lol:

I don't think it hates particulary germano OS. I would think more of a conflict. If you did try a clean installation from scratch and still had these problems, well, i don't know...

Maybe you should contact Mr. Chu by mail and talk to him about it. I don't think he uses this forum and you 're a paying customer, so entitled to support. I don't know, the update to the new version went soooo smoothly for me, i 'm sorry to hear people having problems...

We will miss you!

jensen
when: 2000

Post by jensen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Twister realtime protection now works on Windows 7.
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... tm&prev=_t
Attachments
sshot-42.jpg
sshot-42.jpg (73.07 KiB) Viewed 18251 times

MaB69

Post by MaB69 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi,

Happy to join the twistee gang
I wish to let you know that all the change are sulmarized in the text file Whatsnew.txt included in zip setup package

Version: V7 R3(2nd Edition), 01/24/2009 released.
What's new:
1. Resolve Windows2003 R2 quota limit of the conflict.
2. Resolve access network files slowly.
3. Enhanced on Vista FAT / FAT32 file system support.

Twister does not love me as it BSOD on my comp but i trust the little tornado and i bought a license to support filseclab team (waiting for the next release)

Kind regards,

MaB

ftfans
Site Admin

Post by ftfans » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 am

MaB69 wrote:Hi,

I wish to let you know that all the change are sulmarized in the text file Whatsnew.txt included in zip setup package

What's new:

Twister does not love me as it BSOD on my comp but i trust the little tornado and i bought a license to support filseclab team (waiting for the next release)

Kind regards,

MaB
Thank you very much for shareing the infromation.
I am too busy to post something here.
Anti-spam is all that I can do now!
I am not officer from Filseclab, LOL

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:50 pm

MaB69 wrote:Hi,

I wish to let you know that all the change are sulmarized in the text file Whatsnew.txt included in zip setup package.

What's new:
Welcome to the FilseCLUB and thanks for the info!

MaB
Are you the same Mab69 that is in OA forum? In that case, i would presume that OA conflicts with FDDS (the behaviour blocker part of Twister). In the past OA had trouble with Threatfire too... Try contacting Filseclab support.

You may try this, which was one written in Wilder's by a Filseclab representative:
You may try to rename the :\Program Files\Common Files\Filseclab\Filpp.sys to filpp.sys.del and restart your computer to try again. this operation will disable the Process Protection. at some time the Process Protection may make a BSOD, but I cannot make sure it is this problem, you may try it first. We will try to improve it in the next version
Anyway, i think in the long run you won't regret it having a lifetime Twister license. It's definitely on an ascension route right now.