Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

discussions about Twister Anti-TrojanVirus
MaB69

Re: Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

Post by MaB69 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Fuzzfas,

Thank you for your help and advice but with or without OA, i have the same fatal BSOD, even deactivating Twister self protection or installing it on a fresh install

Remember one of the first thread about Twister at Wilders : http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre ... 887&page=3

I bet on the next build to have Twister as a permanent member of my security setup :mrgreen:

Regards,

MaB

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 pm

MaB69 wrote:Hi Fuzzfas,

Thank you for your help and advice but with or without OA, i have the same fatal BSOD, even deactivating Twister self protection or installing it on a fresh install

Remember one of the first thread about Twister at Wilders : http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre ... 887&page=3
Hmm... Very sorry to hear that. I also USED to have a random BSOD, that i thought it was Twister. But, at the end, i installed WhoCrashed and proved to be my audio drivers (that probably don't like Twister) from RealTek. I finally solved it with new driver version after a long time... I guess you aren't so lucky...

Mr. Bright Chu couldn't help you in that either, right?
I bet on the next build to have Twister as a permanent member of my security setup :mrgreen:
I sure wish you to! It's a shame to have a license and not being able to use it.

P.S.: Your "home made" test in that thread, was one of the first that caught my eye and made me read about Twister and later buy it.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm

On my Vista laptop (32-bit), BSOD happens when I am doing an on-demand scan and also happened when I was installing a newer Filezilla program recently.

XP is running fine (wife's machine) but with Vista I have all sorts of unstable environment like when starting the laptop, the wall paper would flicker and the taskbar would stall for a moment or two... I would have been happier if the recent new version fixed this but not at this time. I am back to using OSS which is running very stable on my laptop.

Are any Vista users running into trouble?

MaB69

Post by MaB69 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:40 am

Miyagi wrote:On my Vista laptop (32-bit), BSOD happens when I am doing an on-demand scan and also happened when I was installing a newer Filezilla program recently.

XP is running fine (wife's machine) but with Vista I have all sorts of unstable environment like when starting the laptop, the wall paper would flicker and the taskbar would stall for a moment or two... I would have been happier if the recent new version fixed this but not at this time. I am back to using OSS which is running very stable on my laptop.

Hi Miyagi,

Sadly, i use Windows XP (i tried SP2 & Sp3)

regards,

MaB

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Folks, if i were you, i 'd try one more thing, if you haven't already tried it. Update all drivers (motherboard, audio card, video card, etc). I mean, my problems on XP SP3, disappeared when i found the "good audio driver". If Twister was an application that doesn't tollerate well other security products, i 'd say it's natural. But on my PC i have changed many, many security apps and Twister seems to be well intended to collaborate with them. So, i think your conflicts are related to hardware drivers. Just like it was in my case too. Currenly on my PC, i have none of the original drivers that came with my CDs from the PC hardware. All are updated and now i 've found my peace from BSODs and won't change them again unless there is a new BSOD for some reason.

In my case, i was so desperate with the BSODs, that i was thinking that my motherboard was faulty or crap (because it was cheap) and i was thinking of changing my hardware. Instead, it was my audio driver that in various versions (including the one with the motherboard's CD) was causing it (and Twister was probably "helping" it).

ftfans
Site Admin

Post by ftfans » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Miyagi wrote:On my Vista laptop (32-bit), BSOD happens when I am doing an on-demand scan and also happened when I was installing a newer Filezilla program recently.

As long as I know, Twister works perfectly on the vista.
How ever, I use XP for so long.
Chinese version works right on the windows 7. The developer announced it a few days ago.
I am not officer from Filseclab, LOL

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks Fuzzfas. Let me try to update the drivers and see if that will resolve the issue I am facing. Even my wireless icon would be x'ed although it's on and even the battery meter is empty when it 100% available.

MaB69

Post by MaB69 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,

Thx Fuzzfas for your advices but my drivers are up to date and tried Twister on 2 different (laptop and desktop) hardware conf with the same result (even with a fresh reinstalled XP with nothing security related software installed)
Like i said earlier in one of my post, i have great hope for the next version. For now i use a great alternative : Antivir.

Regards,

MaB

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Mab69, i don't know what to say... Clean windows on different systems and still BSOD? You 're very unlucky... Or there is a common driver between the 2...

Miyagi, if you have the time, do try. In my case, my motherboard came with audio drivers Realtek HD 1.43. I finally found stability with driver version 2.13. So, go figure! Now, that i found the 2.13 i am not changing it. It was nerve braking.

You can also install windows debugging Tools and "Whocrashed" to see what is exactly the cause of your BSOD. Maybe this will help you further. In my case, the BSODs weren't producing any helping result in Windows event viewer. I thought it was Twister, at the end with Whocrashed i saw it was the audio driver and so i started trying different driver versions until i found the "right" one.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Fuzzfas wrote: Miyagi, if you have the time, do try. In my case, my motherboard came with audio drivers Realtek HD 1.43. I finally found stability with driver version 2.13. So, go figure! Now, that i found the 2.13 i am not changing it. It was nerve braking.

You can also install windows debugging Tools and "Whocrashed" to see what is exactly the cause of your BSOD. Maybe this will help you further. In my case, the BSODs weren't producing any helping result in Windows event viewer. I thought it was Twister, at the end with Whocrashed i saw it was the audio driver and so i started trying different driver versions until i found the "right" one.
Ok, let me image back to my earlier state and re-install Twister and install the program:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

I will probably do this later or maybe the weekend. Thanks again Fuzzfas.