Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

discussions about Twister Anti-TrojanVirus
Fuzzfas

Re: Twister Program Update to 7.3.2

Post by Fuzzfas » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 am

Miyagi, you will also need Windows Debugging Tools:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ ... x86.mspx#a

I reccommend the Nov 2008 (6.10) version, because i am sure it works fine with WhoCrashed.

The procedure is this: You install Win Debugging Tools and Whocrashed. You wait until a BSOD happens. Then you run Whocrashed. You will point it to the Windows Debugging tools directory (browse to the folder). Then Whocrashed will automatically find and read your minidump file and show you who is the responsible and Event ID.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Thank you Fuzzfas. Will do as instructed. I am going to first update all my drivers and perform your recommendation. Hope it goes well. :)

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:45 am

Fuzzfas NAILED it!!

No BSOD after a Full Scan this afternoon. I updated 2 drivers - audio and video. Also downloaded and installed the 2 programs which Fuzzfas recommended just in case. I never expected this to be the culprit to my issues. The on-demand scan used the default setting plus the "Registry Prot hi-detect suspicious" which actually doesn't really do anything in a scan but more in real-time I guess.

Hey, I am happy that the Full Scan finished with no BSOD. I am going to keep you all informed if I have a BSOD in real-time. But for now, I am quite thankful to Fuzzfas!!! :D

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:19 am

Miyagi wrote:Fuzzfas NAILED it!!

No BSOD after a Full Scan this afternoon. I updated 2 drivers - audio and video. Also downloaded and installed the 2 programs which Fuzzfas recommended just in case. I never expected this to be the culprit to my issues. The on-demand scan used the default setting plus the "Registry Prot hi-detect suspicious" which actually doesn't really do anything in a scan but more in real-time I guess.

Hey, I am happy that the Full Scan finished with no BSOD. I am going to keep you all informed if I have a BSOD in real-time. But for now, I am quite thankful to Fuzzfas!!! :D
Glad i could help and hope it stays that way. As i said, Twister is generally a stable program on its own. And also, usually cooperates well with other security programs (which are often causes of conflicts). So, what does that leaves us? Either some other program at startup, or hardware drivers, like in my case. And hardware drivers are a pain when unstable. And Twister being very active in scanning and with FDDS, may contribute in exposing system instabilities (i once had a PC hardware configuration that would pass all stability tests, but would reboot with a game. The problem was RAM instability. It would pass all memtests, but that game, using huge RAM would expose the instability. I solved it by buying a new pair of identical RAM modules).

Yes, the hi-detect suspicious shouldn't have any influence in the demand scan. I also use the same settings.

Let's hope it stays that way. If in deed, you have no longer BSODs, DO NOT UPGRADE your drivers further, unless it is strictly necessary. (System stability may brake again).

Miyagi is once more a happy Twistee!!! :D Yay!

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:37 am

Sadly, I had couple of BSOD's in realtime and uninstalled Twister. My Vista is unstable with Twister and I will wait for the next major release to see if it's more compatible and stable. :oops:

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Miyagi wrote:Sadly, I had couple of BSOD's in realtime and uninstalled Twister. My Vista is unstable with Twister and I will wait for the next major release to see if it's more compatible and stable. :oops:
Sorry to hear that Miyagi... So now instead of BSODing during scan, it BSODs in realtime? :shock: I am pretty sure there is a driver conflict, but finding the right driver can be very annoying and tiresome operation...

Well, let's hope that with v.8 , these things will cease. Personally, i can't tell you how satisfied i am with Twister's stability in XP SP3. It's ironic isn't it?

3DFireStarteR

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Turn off FDDS or put it onto low or allow all your drivers and programs before you get the alerts, BSOD from twister is only if twister stops a process with FDDS and windows BSOD's because its thinking WTF??!?!

So yeah make FDDS set to Off or Low and you will probably be fine.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Actually, the BSOD happens in this scenario (Twister real time enabled):

1)Connecting my Ipod to my laptop.
2)When shutting down my laptop.

Since reverting back to OSS (and with the updated drivers), it's very stable and no BSOD. It's more complex than I thought it would be. I'll just wait and see. Thanks everyone for your input.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:14 pm

UPDATE - My issue has been resolved. :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48&start=0

3DFireStarteR

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 pm

Miyagi wrote:UPDATE - My issue has been resolved. :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48&start=0
Great!