Propose enhancements for Twister!

discussions about Twister Anti-TrojanVirus
Fuzzfas

Propose enhancements for Twister!

Post by Fuzzfas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:16 pm

What do you think would be a good proposal for next Twister versions? For me:

- Always keep it light in CPU (this is imperative), like it is today.
- Improve scanning speed of jar, cab files.
- Take advantage of the "Twister" logo! Make a systray icon with a "Twister"-tornado, that when you do on demand scan, it is swirling around, like Avast's spinning ball. The current "red arrow" is dull and has no connection to the Twister logo.
- Add heuristics for the real time scanner as well.

3DFireStarteR

Re: Propose enhancements for Twister!

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Better skins, And a Biological Heuristics system for common malware, " Vundo - Take common Vundo sample styles and match code for Unknown samples by looking for similar patterns for real time scanning.

Tony
when: 2008

Post by Tony » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Provide protection when updates are being installed.
Protect earlier when booting computer.(Kaspersky seems to provide protection and update at the login screen)
Adding heuristics for the realtime scanner are a must.
And all of Fuzzfas`s suggestions especially keeping cpu usage at a minimum and the twister logo lol :D
Lets Twist again, like we did last summer.

ftfans
Site Admin

Post by ftfans » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:03 am

Thank you all for you precious advice.
The developer will join in this forum for technic support, some of your advice might be accepted.
I am not officer from Filseclab, LOL

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 pm

As an internet security freak, here is my say...

New technology like "in the cloud" is already in the works for some vendors which is quite interesting but the downside is when you have no internet connection, you are more vulnerable to infections. Let's say a college student uses his/her laptop at a college where USB sticks are very common. Students swapping them in and out of computer labs and friend's systems. Not all colleges offer wide wifi connection and I see a growing statistic where students use them in cafeteria to soup up their final documents. Hope you understand where I am going.

With Twister, I hope Filseclab would further improve/enhance their FDD or the behavior engine module. Signatures are consistently being added and that's a good path but as we all know, keeping up is always going to be a cats and mouse game. So my propose enhancement is please improve the "behavioral" part of your AV.

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 pm

I completely agree with Miyagi. I don't want to see Twisters going "on the clouds". Making the FDD better should be the answer.

Tony
when: 2008

Post by Tony » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm

What about an option as to how you want the real time scanner to perform.
By this i mean to scan at writes only instead of read and writes.
Lets Twist again, like we did last summer.

Fuzzfas

Post by Fuzzfas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 pm

- Increase the max file size for online virus submission through the automatic submission system, from 2MB to at least 5MB.
- Possibility to make multiple selection of quarantined malware in order to delete them permanently. Right now, if you have done a test and 200 trojans are in the quarantine, you must click each one of them in order to delete them.

Miyagi

Post by Miyagi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 pm

And can there be a silent mode when the Updater initiates. It's nice to see the notification near the tray icon but if you are doing a Powerpoint presentation, pop-up like that is unnecessary. Have another checkbox to be quiet perhaps.

3DFireStarteR

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Fuzzfas wrote:- Increase the max file size for online virus submission through the automatic submission system, from 2MB to at least 5MB.
- Possibility to make multiple selection of quarantined malware in order to delete them permanently. Right now, if you have done a test and 200 trojans are in the quarantine, you must click each one of them in order to delete them.
Grab the top left side of the quarantine box and drag thats how i clear them ^^