News about the latest edition of Filseclab Personal firewall

discussions about Filseclab Personal Firewall
bruce

News about the latest edition of Filseclab Personal firewall

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 am

1. The latest edition of Filseclab personal firewall is now still under research, it is estimated that it will be come out in 2009. It will make much progress in the kernel and will add many new functions. Also, it will be more stabile, and have stronger Anti-Trojan functions. What’s more, the latest firewall will, as it always, take the free strategy. Almost all the suggestions mentioned would be taken into consideration.

2. Considering the popularity of VISTA and the time (2008~2009) of compiling the new edition firewall, the latest edition will definitely support Vista perfectly.

3.It IS free!

Fuzzfas

Re: News about the latest edition of Filseclab Personal firewall

Post by Fuzzfas » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 am

Very interesting! Is it going to be based on the old firewall, or is this a completely new firewall engine?

Suggestions? Hmmm...
- Keep it light on CPU, even under p2p.
- An optional HIPS module would be nice. Something like Comodo's D+ for those who want to, under advanced settings, for example. Or PCTools firewall where you can check or uncheck the "enhanced security". In this way, a user would have a complete array of choices and defenses together with Twister. AV + firewall + behaviour analyzer in Twister + optional HIPS in the firewall. It would be an awesome suite.
- A comprehensible and simple log would be nice.
- Keep the menus simple and uncluttered. It's easier for people to understand and find what they want.

ftfans
Site Admin

Post by ftfans » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Is it going to be based on the old firewall, or is this a completely new firewall engine
It is a completely new firewall engine, since the old version is not so stabile.
- Keep it light on CPU, even under p2p.
Yeah, I agree.
- An optional HIPS module would be nice. Something like Comodo's D+ for those who want to, under advanced settings, for example.
HIPS would not be there, the developer decleared it before.
Or PCTools firewall where you can check or uncheck the "enhanced security". In this way, a user would have a complete array of choices and defenses together with Twister.
The new version may be a "FIS"(Filsec Internet Security), which includes Twister Anti-trojan and Xfilter(Filsec Firewall).
AV + firewall + behaviour analyzer in Twister + optional HIPS in the firewall. It would be an awesome suite.
Users can choose their own softwares to assemble their own secure suit.
- A comprehensible and simple log would be nice.
Agree!
- Keep the menus simple and uncluttered. It's easier for people to understand and find what they want.
Can't agree more!
I am not officer from Filseclab, LOL

3DFireStarteR

Post by 3DFireStarteR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 pm

There needs to be an option to block all outbound communication that is not defined in the rules, kind of like the first one where they had a setting Advanced Quite mode. It was good but it was very leaky sometimes programs were able to connect without being defined in the rules and sometimes they werent, so this would need to be fixed, But i think if its done correct then it totally bypasses the use of Leak protection because nothing that is defined in the rules can connect out like keyloggers.

Also i think a HIPS in the firewall would be annoying, since the Anti-Virus already had a FDDS system that is basically HIPS anyway.

Mirin

Post by Mirin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:07 am

It would be good if I can specify multiple ports within one rule.

ftfans
Site Admin

Post by ftfans » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:09 am

Mirin wrote:It would be good if I can specify multiple ports within one rule.
I guess you can, even now, but in two or three rules instead of one rule.

Ringman
when: 2005

Post by Ringman » Tue May 25, 2010 6:07 am

Sorry for diggin' this thread.
But It's neary half of year 2010.
And I think most filseclab firewall fans are waiting for it.
IMO Filseclab is easiest to use firewall with good inbound protection (Easy and light popups). And it compatible with Most Antivirus program too.

Note : Matousec.com placed Filseclab Fiorewall in the "Dead product" section http://www.matousec.com/projects/proact ... t-list.php Please update it at least.
Image < My Blog
Image < My Twitter

ftfans
Site Admin

Re: News about the latest edition of Filseclab Personal fire

Post by ftfans » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am

Ringman wrote:Sorry for diggin' this thread.
But It's neary half of year 2010.
And I think most filseclab firewall fans are waiting for it.
IMO Filseclab is easiest to use firewall with good inbound protection (Easy and light popups). And it compatible with Most Antivirus program too.

Note : Matousec.com placed Filseclab Fiorewall in the "Dead product" section http://www.matousec.com/projects/proact ... t-list.php Please update it at least.
So do I. Have been waiting firewall/FIS(Filsec Internet Security) for a long long time.
However, patience is all what we can have. :mrgreen: